Practice in a place where the ONLY result that matters is your personal growth...
Benefit from Toastmasters training in downtown Ottawa:
- Come to a meeting as a guest - FREE!
- Speak with any member - is this the right fit for you?
- Check out our fees, below
- Complete the Application Form
- Write a cheque payable to "Message Masters Toastmasters Club"
- Give the completed Application Form and cheque to the VP Membership
Benefits of Membership:
- Membership in our Club AND Toastmasters International
- Subscription to the monthly Toastmasters magazine
- Complete package to guide you on your speaking journey
- Leadership training
- Message Masters Club Special Benefit: video recording of each of your speeches for you alone to review or share as you see fit
Toastmasters members learn to:
- give excellent presentations
- run better meetings
- think on your feet
- improve listening skills
- be a Master of Ceremonies
- present and accept an award
- introduce another speaker
- offer specific feedback to develop and inspire
- use Parliamentary Procedure
- Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Club Leadership Manual
How the Program Works
Once you register, you receive a workbook that describes the training program and guides you through the first 10 speeches. This system develops your skills one step-at-a-time, at your pace, each project building on the last.
- The “Icebreaker.” Get a feeling for public speaking while talking on a subject upon which you are the expert - you.
- Organize your speech - structure.
- Apply the difference between the general and specific purposes of your speech
- How to Say It focuses on the words you use
- Body language
- Vocal variety
- Research your Topic
- Visual aids
- Persuade with Power
- Inspire your Audience.
Most of the speech projects call for talks of five to seven minutes in length. By learning to present a seven-minute talk, you will also be able to deliver a 40-minute address, or a two minute statement of your views at a business meeting with confidence, clarity, persuasiveness and enthusiasm.
After you complete all ten projects, you receive the Competent Communicator (CC) Award. You will also receive, without charge, any 3 of the 15 Advanced Communication manuals. The Advanced Communication series lets you practice the kind of speeches that really want to give, such as Speeches by Management, Technical Presentations, Communicating on Video, Storytelling, Sales, Humour and so on.
Message Masters Fee Structure
The membership fiscal year is Oct 1 to Sep 30. Fees are payable to "Message Masters Toastmasters Club."