Ever wonder how to create an organization that people want to join and participate in? This could be a place of employment, a charity, a community group. In addition to what you think your executive could do more of (we all love to be armchair coaches), what are you doing personally to create that environment? What could you do differently?
"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him."
Here are a few actions you can take:
- Interest - Be interested and demonstrate your interest in the aims and values of the organization. Demonstrate your interest giving value to others (you will receive value as others give; no need to try to take it)
- Enthusiasm - Take your feeling of enthusiasm and turn it into action. Demonstrate enthusiasm. Act with enthusiasm. Be cheerful and optimistic.
- Gratitude - Express your thanks for the experience and for the efforts of others
- Recognition - Recognize the efforts and successes of others, openly giving credit
- Excellence - Act always in the pursuit of excellence, however you define it
- Education - Increase your knowledge and the ability to apply it, including training and credentials
- Encourage - Encourage others to demonstrate the the above behaviours that you model without drawing attention to your modelling them - just do them